St Johns Wood Scouts is a local community organisation, part of a worldwide movement with a purpose to contribute to the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual potentials as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.
The organisation open to people of all ages! Young People aged between 5 and 26, and Adults (18+) to help contribute towards the Scout associations purpose. You are never too old to join the world wide movement.
There are 5 Youth Units at St Johns Wood
- Joey Scouts (5 to 7 years) - Thursday 6 pm to 7:20 pm; occasional weekend activities.
- Cub Scouts (8 to 10 years) - Choose Monday or Wednesday 6:15 pm to 8 pm; some activities on weekends.
- Scouts (11 to 14 years) - Friday 7 pm to 9 pm plus one weekend a month
- Venturer Scouts (15 to 17 years)- Thursday 7 pm to 9 pm
- Rover Scouts (18 to 25) - Wednesday From 7pm
- Adult Leaders ( 18+) - Lead/guide the Youth Units
- Group Committee - parents and helpers who support Scouts by managing finances, housekeeping, maintenance, social activities.
Each Youth unit requires a certain number of leaders or the guidance of a leader to help organise, mentor and train youth members. All adult leader Training is provided by the scout association. Sections become more self governing as the youth members become older.
All Membership enquiries : Contact us